We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and we comply with all of the Privacy Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What Is Your Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect And Hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- your name and contact details (such as address, email address, telephone and facsimile numbers);
- if you are in employee or contractor, your age or birth date, your job title, and health information relating to your employment with us;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- if you are an employee or contractor or an applicant, when you submit your application to us, or through your employment relationship with us;
- through your access and use of our website; or
- during conversations between you and our representatives.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including from third party companies such as referees, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
What Happens If We Can’t Collect Your Personal Information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to keep your details up to date;
- we may not be able to provide our products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all; or
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want.
For What Purposes Do We Collect, Hold, Use And Disclose Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you and to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about our products and services;
- if you are an employee or contractor of us, to manage and maintain our relationship with you, or if you are a job applicant, to manage the job application process;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes;
- to provide your updated personal information to our contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Who Do We Disclose Your Information To?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, suppliers, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Security And Data Quality
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
How Can You Access And Correct Your Personal Information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. As part of this request, we may need it verify your identity.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What Is The Process For Complaining About A Breach Of Privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Privacy Act, if applicable).
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Post: Privacy Officer Theng-Swee Tay
Tel: 03 9810 8300
Email: [email protected]