Toll is building and operating a 63,350m2 facility on behalf of a customer, Mars Confectionary in a third party logistics agreement.
The facility is located in the rapidly expanding western industrial estate of Melbourne with Qanstruct having been engaged by Charter Hall to construct the facility in the up and coming Midwest Logistics Hub.
The intended use of the facility is to receive, store and distribute food-grade products for Mars Confectionery.
The facility will incorporate the latest AGV (Automated Guided Vehicles) technology. This will result in the majority of the pallet movements conducted within the Warehouse being undertaken by an automation process. The distribution centre will incorporate a range of individual internal chambers to suit specific product storage requirements.
The project delivery will be undertaken in two components:
- Base building design
- Fit-out design to facilitate the requirements of Toll / Mars
The design and construction parameters for the warehouse include:
- A temperature range between 18 and 22 degrees Celsius.
- Relative humidity to be no greater than 70 percent.
- Warehouse: 44,000m2
- Single Storey Main Office: 500m2
- Two Transport Offices: 120m2 (60m2 each)
- Co-Packing Office: 130m2
- Hardstand Pavement: 18,600m2
The project is underway and will be due for completion in September 2020.